Saturday, January 23, 2010

The past 10 years...

Warning... LONG post, but full of lots of pictures!

2000...
Aaron and I rung in the new year as a couple for the first time.
We had been dating for 4 months.
Here's a picture of us at our first prom :)


2001...
Aaron and I went to our 2nd prom.
He graduated that June and went on to study Mechanical Engineering at Purdue.


I went to my first concert in true style... :)
Don't judge us for our awesomeness!
And yes, I still know every word to every song on the No Strings Attached CD.


2002...
Our final prom together.
I graduated in June and decided Purdue seemed like a nice school.
I also went on a road trip with Aaron and his parents. We headed to Amarillo, TX to visit some of his family. That was my first trip to the giant state, and I definitely didn't leave thinking I could live there one day!
At Purdue, I majored in Elementary Education and was very much looking forward to having my boyfriend and best friend in the same town!





At the Big Texas Restaurant.

2003...
Aaron and I came back to LaPorte for the summer and spent a lot of time at the beach!



I moved into my first apartment with a great group of girls.
Had many, many naps on the coma couch.


2004...
Typical college life... Both of us moved into new apartments once again.
That summer, Aaron tried to do a lot of water skiing.
He stopped when shortly after this picture was taken we ended up in the emergency room, and Aaron left with 4 bright and shiny staples in his head!



2005...
Big year!
Got engaged.


Got married!



Funny story... Aaron and I worked really, really hard to paint that background on the church wall so that we could have a true winter themed wedding.
Or, the church decided a few weeks before the wedding to do a "Chronicles of Narnia" theme.
You can imagine my excitement when I saw it for the first time!
The running joke was that there would be a mechanical lion that would pop out when we said "I do."

And of course, went on our honeymoon! We went to San Jose del Cabo...


2006...
We were very thankful we each only had 1 semester left of college.
Aaron was now going to graduate in Civil Engineering.
I was student teaching in the most adorable Kindergarten class.

We decided to grow our little family a little bit...


We graduated on a very cold Saturday in May.
Loaded all our newlywed belongings into a Uhaul and headed to Austin that Monday.
We then became "Texans".

We visited the Alamo to learn some Texas history.

We had our awesome group of friends come visit us in our new place.


We had been going to the Austin Stone Community Church and were loving it.
That fall we took a class for "newly/nearly" wed couples.
We didn't realize God was using this class to grow our marriage, as well as give us an awesome group of friends!

2007...
We bought our first house!


Aaron quickly started fixing it up


Now that we had a yard, we decided Molly needed a friend.

Meet Cooper P. Williams Scott Jr. III

2008...
Biggest thing of the year was our trip to Italy.


2009...
Started the year off by visiting Peter out in California.


Traveled to the Texas coast for a sand castle competition


And then I pretty much started blogging, so you know the rest!

Wow, lots of pictures I know.
But looking at the past 10 years in photos is the best way to remember it.

Stay tuned for the next years of fun!

2 comments:

  1. Awh! so awesome thanks for sharing girl! Steve had a pretty rough accident on some water skies & still continues to protest them to this day... he didn't go to the emergency room... but probably should have! The bruise lasted for WEEKS. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man! Aaron's happened when he went over a very old ski jump without a helmet. He didn't even realize he had hit his head until a bunch of us started yelling that his head was bleeding!

    ReplyDelete