Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Years Visitor

Yes, yes... I'm actually blogging within a week of my last post.
I'm off work for 1 more day, and figured I'd better try and do this now!

Aaron's college roommate Will came in from Atlanta to spend New Years with us.
We hadn't seen him since quick lunch in Indiana this past summer.
But you see, Will is very lucky.
He works for Delta.
He makes me question why I don't work for an airline.
He's able to travel cheaply all the time, which leave Aaron and I very jealous.

We'd been trying to get him here for quite some time, and it finally worked out!
He got in New Years Eve, but we began an early celebration with the Allisons.
Brad, Rachael, Aaron and I enjoyed our last meal of 2009 the way everyone should....
stuffing ourselves FULL of Chuy's *free* nachos.
Yes. Free.
How have we lived in Austin for almost 4 years, eaten at Chuy's 1000 time, and never knew that happy hour meant self-serve nachos?!
We knew about the chips and salsa at the bar, but not everything else they have to offer.

So, after our amazing waitress gave us a free chicken quesadilla, we decided our actual table wasn't needed, and we would just order a la carte at our bar table.
Cheapest meal ever.
Did I feel fabulous afterwards?
Not so much.... But it was enjoyable in the moment.

Then, Will go in so Aaron and Brad picked him up.
Rach and I started watching 17 Again but haven't gotten to finish it yet.
We all rung in the New Year just talking and hanging out.

New Years day we took Will downtown and around The Domain (outdoor shopping area).
The real highlight was dinner at Salt Lick.
Will said he was bringing people with him next time to try the famous bbq.
We worked off all the wonderful food by playing Rock Band.

Today, we just hung out, which was nice.
We did try out the 620 Cafe, which was full of deep-fried goodness.
Don't think less of us by what we eat...
This post seems to be full of the healthiest of food choices.
Pictures to follow!
Maybe this is why I feel the need to join a gym this year...

Pictures!



Aaron and Will


I have been wanting to take this picture for a long time :)
The before dinner shot
Photo taken with smokey goodness!
Chicken Fried.... bacon. It might have been delicious.
Can I just say that as I type this, my techy husband is turning lights in our off and on by using the computer!? His electrical knowledge astounds me!

1 comment:

  1. Awh! So cute! So... now you have to tell me where that fabulous sign is. I don't recall ever seeing it before! Do you remember the street now? :)

    ReplyDelete