Monday, March 15, 2010

Girlfriends

I've always been the person that had girlfriends.
I wasn't that girl that had a guy as a best friend growing up.
Although, I guess my husband fits that mold pretty well.

Ever since I can remember, my best friend was a girl.
And I didn't always just have one. I had a whole bunch of them.
I can picture the birthday slumber party pictures from when I was probably 8.
My dad made a comment one time, asking me if all my friends were blond.
Apparently I had some sort of complex because it's true.
Up until middle school, most of my friends were blond...

Anyway. I realize that this had always been the case.
I mean, God obviously knew a little about me by giving me a sister.
Who by the way is 17! Wow. I still remember when grandma let me wear bright pink lipstick to the hospital to visit her for the first time.
My mom just loved that :)
But I was 8 at the time, and had no idea that tiny baby was going to end up being my best friend for life.

I've just always had girlfriends.
And I love it.
I love talking about life with other women.
I love all things girly.
Such as painting nails, chick flicks, talking about boys.
I love that I have girlfriends I've cried with about pretty much everything.
I've gone through the huge milestones with them:
first boyfriends, high school drama, graduation, careers, marriages, babies.
I love that.

Moving away from all the ladies that I relied on was scary.
I knew no one in Texas.
It's hard to believe the ladies I'm living life with I've known around 3 years or less.

All this to say... I feel so blessed for all the ladies I call my friends.
I love my girlfriends and all the joy that comes with them :)

Ps. I'm on spring break. Going to really, really try to blog a couple times this week!

1 comment:

  1. I was just about to give you a hard time since you didn't post a few times last week when you wanted to. Then I looked at my blog, and I haven't posted in 4 months... You win! :)

    Love reading your blogs once in a while! :)

    ReplyDelete