Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Life lately..

We are definitely due for an update since we have doubled the size of our family this week!


That's right, this Monday we opened up our home to 2 cuties.
16 month P and 3 month T.
We are all adjusting well and taking each day about an hour at a time as we all get to know each other. Both kiddos are making this pretty easy by sleeping through the night!


Big brother P is loving that he now has two doggies, which he walks around loving on all day long. He is very sweet to say thank you for snacks. It's been fun learning what he can do and all the words he already knows.
Little sister T is a typical 3 month old with the schedule of eat, "play" for a few hours, and sleep! She's very good at these things, and we love when she smiles during those play times.

Aaron and I are taking things step by step. The full nights rest has definitely been the biggest blessing so that we aren't starting and ending each day a bit crazed. They really are adjusting much quicker than we could have imagined.


Aaron said to me tonight, God is really showing us that this is what we're supposed to be doing. We know that this isn't an easy road to go down, and we're trying our best to start this journey realistically knowing that it is a long road. But I can't even begin to explain how blessed we already feel. Our friends and family have been a HUGE help with these sudden additions. The best part, complete strangers are helping as well. Here's some crazy stories:
-Customer of our brother-in-law that has gone through 2 adoptions wants to give us a crib (we were only prepared with one)
-After our friends ask a complete stranger in the diaper section of the grocery store about which diapers are good, the stranger says we can have a car seat that they are no longer using (we had actually just gotten a car seat from another set of friends that day)
-My sister-in-law found us a stroller on Craigslist (a double stroller, because that's how we roll now) and we went to pick it up tonight... Just so happens the husband is the pastor at a large church in Round Rock--they just happen to have a friend over that used to be a foster care case manager--they just happen to have a small playscape that we can have for free--and some crocs--and tell us that there's a couple from their church that live 2 blocks from us in our neighborhood that were foster parents and just adopted their foster kiddo--and they no longer want us to pay for the stroller.

I mean seriously. Seriously. How amazing. We are blessed. God is good :)

4 comments:

  1. hey-not sure if you remember me or not-we met through brittany and steve (which is where i saw your blog link!) anyway, we are back in austin and i have alot of baby girl clothes you are welcome to borrow for tera if you need clothes. i'm sure people have offered you plenty but if you need stuff let me know.i also have a bouncer and a few other things as well. just let me know if you are interested-jbmallinson@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are amazing!! The Lord is using you both in mighty ways with these precious precious kiddos! We love you guys tons and are soo blessed to be walking this journey with yall! I'm amazing with yalls parenting skills!!! One day, no children, next day 2 beautiful children...you would never know that it was a one day occurrence! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Shauna... I haven't been on my blog (or yours) in FOREVER... but gosh how this makes my heart smile! If there are items you need, please please, let me know, and please email me your physical address and sizes for the kiddos. I would love to at least be able to send something small for each of the kids. (If there are things they need more than others, please tell me that too!). :)

    So proud of you guys, you are such amazing people.

    ***If you didn't know this, my father was a foster child, whom was never adopted into a family. He turned 18 in his foster home, where he lived for quite a few years, and that family is still "my family" to this day. I grew up never really realizing we had a different last name, they are my grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. :)***

    Love you guys!

    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited to hear how you're all doing. I've been thinking about you and praying for you. These are exciting days for you guys :)

    ReplyDelete