Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Well, I'm already a blogging slacker.
Sorry :)

Here's a "funny" story to make up for it.

I got home last Thursday night and was greeted by our two well-behaved puppies. If you know Molly and Cooper at all, you know they are far from well-behaved. Yes they're sweet and cuddly, but they are also crazy... especially anytime someone comes into the house. They're not really puppies any more either. Molly is 4 and Cooper is 3. It's just easier to refer to them as puppies.

So.. I walk into the living room and ask them how their day was. Then, as I walk into the kitchen I see ice allllll over the floor. I mean everywhere. And then I think. That can't be ice. What is it? That's when I realize the 9x13 pan that was once on the stove halfway full of cookie-brownies isn't there anymore.
Oh no.
Stinkin Molly pulled the glass pan off the stove. The pan shattered everywhere. Then, she (and I'm assuming Cooper) ate the cookies.
They also had to of eaten the glass that was everywhere.

Here's the picture I took to show Aaron what had happened:


Then.. I start checking their feet, tongues, etc. to make sure that they aren't bleeding. Nope. Nothing. They continued to be perfectly fine since then.

Well. Somewhat.

Fast forward to Saturday.
I let Molly out in the back yard before we head to Kai Karsten's T-Ball game. Aaron lets her in, and then I hear "What is that?". There is blood on the carpet. He quickly pulls Molly into the bathroom (tile floor), and we figure out that her paw is bleeding. Bad.
Now I know dogs aren't children, but I turn into a crazy "mother" and stare wide-eyed thinking what on earth can I do!? So, I get paper towels.
We then decide she needs to go to the vet.
An hour later, she's bandaged up (and stitched up). She even got a fun accessory for the next 10 days.


Yes. She has to wear a cone until next Wednesday.

Now, you might be thinking. Shauna, is Molly laying on the couch? With a pillow?!
And my answer would be yes.
When you realize that the reason your dog has stitches in her paw is because of something you left in the backyard. You feel pretty darn guilty and do whatever you can to make her comfortable.

But, I do realize she is a dog. The comforting lasted about 2 days.

And don't be too worried. She's back to her craziness as usual.
How is it that she can eat glass cookies and be perfectly fine, yet a run outside ends in stitches?!
Oh Molly. You always keep things interesting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment