Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Living like a movie star..

Or something like that.

I told Aaron the other day that I felt like I was living in the movie "50 First Dates". Have you seen it? It is a cute one... definitely a chick flick even with Adam Sandler in it. It's the one where Adam Sandler falls in love with Drew Barrymore only to find out that she had been in a car accident that causes her to wake up each morning thinking it's the morning of the accident.

The characters I'm currently relating to are actually the dad and brother of Drew's character. Every night once she goes to bed, they prep the house to look just like it did the morning of the accident. This involves re-wrapping a birthday present every night, painting an art room white every night, getting out an old newspaper every night. That way when Drew wakes up, she will never know anything has changed in her life.

Well, I do this every night. Or at least it feels like it! I'm not real good at keeping up with the house right now. Not sure if typing "right now" is smart because I'm not sure if that's going to change. So, every night once the kids are sleeping I pick up the toys, clean up the kitchen, rinse out all the bottles, and start the dishwasher. I've revolted against washing bottles. I run them in the dishwasher every night. I know some people don't put any plastics in theirs, but this girl does. I just hate getting sprayed by the bottle cleaner. And after a long day, popping them in the dishwasher takes the least amount of time.

So, as I'm going through this nightly routine I now think of that movie and have the urge to sing the Beach Boys "Wouldn't It Be Nice" at the top of my lungs. If you haven't seen the movie or it's been a while, you should rent it this weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment